Wednesday, March 20, 2019

2019 Garden Area


We will eventually build raised beds and a greenhouse type of area. For this year I believe I'll just be gardening here. It's the only place I could easily secure that gets full sun. I've put in brown plastic mulch to warm up the soil (which warmed it from 55 to 68 degrees), amended the soil, and put up a deer fence.








Eventually we will build something like this:
















I am accustomed to gardening in a different region so I started my seeds two months to early, but that might mean healthier tomatoes. Let's see! They only started to take off this month. I planted them at the end of January. I'd Normally be putting them in the ground at the end of this month. The chart I downloaded online says for our region tomatoes should be planted mid May.







I have a few of these I'll be planting my "herb garden" in. Hopefully it works out they fit on the deck railing perfectly.













I have to say I'm very excided for spring! There are so many signs it's here from Robins working the yard, to flowers:






No comments: